PURPOSE * MISSION * DOCTRINAL STATEMENTS
The Church is to promote the creeds, admonitions and directions of the Holy Scriptures of the Bible and encourage and promote salvation of lost souls.
- To edify those of the Christian faith through teaching and preaching the word of God.
- To minister to those in need and proclaim our identification with Jesus Christ by how we live.
- To stand in opposition to all worldly doctrines that is motivated to destroy the tenants of the Bible.
It is the intent of the church to function freely as a missionary, evangelistic, pre-millennial independent Baptist church, recognizing no ecclesiastical authority higher than the local assembly. Further, we will operate in true Biblical autonomous fashion. We have taken a stand against all worldly philosophies that seek to destroy true Biblical doctrine.
Our hearts focus is to help people come into relationship with Jesus Christ with a desire to provide those who fellowship with us a true family fellowship. We seek to develop witnesses that help spread the gospel of Jesus to all that will receive. We adore our Lord and savior with effort and desire is to worship him in spirit and in truth.
We strive to walk by faith in accordance with the person, which is the word of God; study the word of God trusting in his guidance and approval; give of our substance and blessings so that others may be blessed and we are pleasing in the sight of our Lord; and to walk worthy of our vacation by joining in union with the Lord, our brothers, sisters and neighbor.
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT & ARTICLES OF FAITH
- We believe in the Holy Scripture, accepting fully the writings of the Old Testaments as the very Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts in its original autographs are infallible and authoritative rules of faith and practice.
- We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ; His virgin birth; His shed blood for atonement; His bodily resurrection; His ascension into Heaven there to be our Intercessor; His lordship over all creation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes believers children of God through the new birth, assures them of Heaven, and by his indwelling enables Christians to live a godly life.
- We believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice, sinful and lost and have within themselves no possible means of salvation without Christ.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith; that salvation is the free gift of God, not by any virtue or works of man, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; and all true believers possess the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteousness, children in the family of God, and the divine guarantee that they shall never perish.
- We believe Satan exists who is the deceiver and God of the present world; that he is defeated and judged at the cross.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return in accordance with his word; the time being unrevealed but always imminent. We believe he will resurrect the dead in him and claim all the living that has been born again by his Spirit.
- We believe that current Christians are under the new covenant as prescribed in the New Testament books; that Jesus did not come to do away with the law but to fulfill the Law of the Old Testament and that every Christian should be actively fulfilling the great commission as stated by Jesus himself.
- We believe in separation of church and state; and that God has ordained both; he has designated authority to each; the authority of one must not interfere with the other; and that believers may be engaged in both.
- We believe that the officers of the church are the Pastor and Deacons. The Pastor may be referred to Elder and even Apostle as it relates to the attributes of an Apostle, but not in the same station as the original Apostles of Christ.
- We believe that there are two scriptural ordinances of the church, the Lords supper partaken only by proclaimed Christians and Baptism, which pertains to immersion in water that symbolizes death and resurrection.
- This is a sovereign and democratic Baptist Church under the headship of Jesus Christ. The membership retains unto itself the executive right of self government in all phases of the spiritual and temporal life of the church.
- The membership reserves the right to determine who shall retain membership in the church fellowship when extra ordinary actions or inactions may arise that may be in conflict with the tenants of the scripture that are not adhered to after consultations or numerous attempts to resolve any egregious conduct.
- Each member is asked to support the church in accordance with the admonitions of scripture and to attend all services unless hindered by good reason with a clear conscience of intent.
- Each member is encouraged and expected to study and learn the doctrines of the Holy Scripture in accordance with the word of the Lord and the church covenant.
- We believe in the sanctity of Marriage between a man and a woman. We are under no obligation to conduct a marriage between any two people of the same sex, whether members of our church or not.